When planning your stay at Black Walnut Bed & Breakfast Inn, be sure to consult our policies below. If you have any further questions about our historic lodging, please feel free to contact us at the Inn. We would be pleased to provide additional information to assist you in planning your Western North Carolina getaway!
- Reservations are required, and a two-night minimum is required on holidays, and certain peak-season weekdays and weekends.
- Room rates vary by room and season. Please check availability calendar for up-to-date prices.
- Rates include a full breakfast.
- Room Rates are subject to mandatory state and local taxes.
- Room rates are based upon the maximum occupancy of two persons per room.
- A credit card, email address, zip code/postal code and telephone number are required to reserve your room.
- For reservations of one or two nights, a deposit of one night’s rate per room is required at the time of the reservation. Any balance is due upon arrival.
- For reservations of three or more nights, a 50% deposit is required at the time of the reservation. Any balance is due upon arrival.
- For cancellations received more than 14 days prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be refunded, less a $35.00 processing fee.
- For cancellations received less than 14 days prior to your arrival, the full amount of the reservation will be charged and is nonrefundable.
- Early departures or no shows are considered a cancellation and are treated within the described policy.
Check-In and Check-Out:
Check-in is between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM, and check-out is 11:00 AM. With advance notice, special arrangements can be made for early and late check-ins.
We are happy to accommodate pets in our Carriage House (the Magnolia and Camellia Rooms). Pets also are allowed on the grounds and the front porch. We do not charge additional deposits or fees for pets; however, pet owners are responsible for excessive cleaning costs and repair or replacement of damaged items.
We do not allow smoking anywhere inside the Main House or the Carriage House. Smoking is permitted on the grounds, and we ask that our guests be courteous to others when using outdoor areas.
Additional Policies and Restrictions:
- We are happy to accommodate families with children aged 12 and over.
- For the safety of all guests, we do not permit candles, incense or open flames in the bedrooms.