Frommer’s named Asheville a MUST-SEE destination for a reason…actually several reasons: a thriving arts community, an array of outdoor adventures courtesy of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and a bustling downtown scene including a variety of entertainment venues, unique shopping options, historic and architectural attractions, and award winning cuisine.
Spring is definitely in the air and there is plenty of indoor and outdoor activities right outside our door. We are perfectly situated just a few blocks from downtown Asheville in the historic Montford District, and the mountains are just a short ride away. It’s all right here, whether you are looking to get outside and explore the Blue Ridge Parkway, take an easy stroll downtown, dine at unique, independent eatery, or immerse yourself in the city’s vibrant arts scene.
The following are links to websites that may be useful in planning a trip to Asheville:
- www.airasheville.org: excellent source for dining information.
- www.exploreasheville.com: official tourism website for Asheville.
- www.blueridgeparkway.org: offers helpful advice for traveling the parkway.
- www.mountainx.com: for all your arts and entertainment needs.
- www.irishguy.info: for our website design, website security, and SEO needs.
- www.irishguy.us: for our website graphics and (some) photography.